Director Product Development
2004 - 09
Oversaw content creation for Nicktropolis.com and Nick.com. Moved to a role solely on Nicktropolis.com with creative and P&L responsibilities. Responsibilities included developing project scope, communicating with idea originators and the development teams, and managing these projects from inception through completion.
- Developed business strategy for branded entertainment, site priorities and managed teams to implement.
- Monetized sites and features working with Ad Sales and other business development units.
- Lead and managed the creative content teams and the IT technical team.
- Developed the technical and functional specifications for the site/projects.
- Planned and reviewed the navigational user interface design, interaction models and user experiences.
- Planned and reviewed site architecture for new website products and features.
- Coordinated among cross functional teams to identify challenges, recommend and implement solutions.
- Managed project staffs from pre-production through launch and maintenance.
Accomplishments (a sample)
- Created and produced Nicktropolis - a massive multiplayer game which boasted 7.5 million users
- Developed the multi-platform video destination: TurboNick. The video platform offered continuous video streaming, applications for content mash-ups, customized playlists and gaming. In 2006, TurboNick generated close to 250 million content streams, and averaged five million monthly unique visitors (source: Omniture SiteCatalyst).
- Web Producer for the Kids Choice Awards 2005-2009