Profile: Vice President - Design Creative Director With 15+ Years of Industry Experience
An award-winning and forward-thinking creative strategist with extensive experience conceptualizing and creating exceptionally innovative works for Fortune 500 internationally respected brands, including Guthy-Renker, Mattel, and Nickelodeon. Exemplary qualifications in multi-platform brand engagement, customer experience strategy design/execution, creative strategy development, and creative storytelling.
Signature Skills & Capabilities
- Practical and hands-on experience overseeing the brand expression, design, and experience across multiple channels. Notable leadership acumen includes providing vision and direction to the creative team and motivating them to complete projects in alignment with organizational standards and expectations.
- Amassed an impressive portfolio that showcases innovative digital creative solution for iconic brands including Proactiv, Meaningful Beauty, WEN Hair Care, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Nickelodeon, JDate, and ChristianMingle.
- Fully own and possess a strong articulation of creative philosophy and a history of outstanding concept ideation and award-winning creative. Extremely adept at guiding original works in the digital and social space.
- Enterprising problem-solver with a sophisticated eye for style, detail, and accuracy. Outstanding work ethic and an unmatched commitment to integrity, tact, diplomacy in addition to a sincere commitment to service excellence.
- Founder and Publisher of ThrillNetwork.com, "The Internet's Scream Machine Magazine," an award-winning site exclusively dedicated to the most amazing attractions at amusement parks, theme parks, water parks and other thrill-seeking venues around the globe. Celebrating 18 years on the web.
- Patent holder for "Parental control for multiple virtual environments of a user" - currently in use by Disney, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Google, Facebook, Nintendo, AT&T, Verizon.
Strengths & Value Offered
Courses Toward Master of Fine Arts, New York University New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts, Architectural History and Theater Arts, Ithaca College Ithaca, NY
George School, Newtown PA
School of American Ballet New York, NY
Additional Skills: Talent and experience spans Brand Marketing; Film, TV, and Theatre Production; Marketing/Advertising, and Art
BRAND STRATEGY AND CREATIVE – OPUS LA 2016 - Present
Consultative expert, champion of brand strategy development and the implementation of creative solutions, tasked with helping brands to differentiate and excel. Brainstorm and create new brands and products - manage spaces, events, campaigns, UX/UI design, website, and application development. Offer brands the opportunity to build and cultivate emotional connections to consumers that last a lifetime.
- Design, streamline, and establish relevant brand standards, creative design, direction, and strategy for companies. Generate excitement around the underlying products through brand creation for all channels including product, packaging, digital, and broadcast.
- Drove branding and positioning strategy for Padua Farms, a new agricultural start-up, resulting in positive responses from all major retail outlets.
SENIOR CREATIVE DIRECTOR – Spark Network 2015 - 2016
Brought on to turnaround underperforming creative group, manage day-to-day creative operations, and direct the daily creative workflow to support the artistic and strategic goals as well as brand development initiatives. Managed global product branding strategies across print, broadcast, live events, tradeshows, websites, e-commerce, apps, mobile/tablet, social, and digital video. Initiated a comprehensive redesign and repositioning strategy to turn around two very iconic brands.
- Successfully turned around -12% loss in subscribers for JDate and Christian Mingle, two of the company’s most iconic brands, into positive territory within one year through significant rebranding and repositioning.
- Expanded Spark's Q4 Mobile active users from almost 0 to 318,165 by creating a new identity and position for the two biggest religious-based dating destinations in the world including website, mobile, apps and brand ID.
VICE PRESIDENT MARKETING AND CREATIVE – Guthy-Renker 2012 - 2013
Principal strategist and visionary responsible for concept, design, and implementation of branding strategies for all including internationally respected brands including Proactiv, Meaningful Beauty, Sheer Cover, and WEN Hair Care as a creative executive for the largest direct-response company in the world. Successfully implemented all domestic and international websites, e-commerce, mobile/tablet, social, digital video and still direction and production, including display media, digital TV spots, and marketing materials for all brands. Utilized strategic partnerships with branded channels, YouTube, Facebook, Connected TVs and emerging marketing channels to increase brand recognition.
- Successfully achieved a substantial 14% increase, the most ever gained by the company by leveraging design, UX and UI expertise to lead the charge for an entirely new purchase flow for Proactiv. Following this success initiated the roll-out flow across Meaningful Beauty and WEN Hair Care brands.
- Closely collaborated with Proactiv to direct the photo shoots and digital television spots.
- Mentored, led, coached, and empowered a multifaceted and multifunctional team of 15 designers, copywriters, and producers.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR – Mattel, Inc. 2009 - 2011
Led the creative vision for developing a brand identity for Mattel Digital and Mattel Corporate. Drove unified brand campaigns across multiple outlets including, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and Instagram. Led a team charged with defining a social strategy to reposition Mattel's vision in consumer conversations. Drive creative, strategy and production for branded websites worldwide, video games, mobile, and other distribution platforms and channels.
- Launched a game and video destination increasing page views and uniques visits by 110%. Led creative, strategy and production for branded websites worldwide, video games, mobile, and other distribution platforms and channels.
- Created a top-ranked new kids entertainment network out of a Mattel.com's corporate holding site. Within three months, the domain ranked as the #2 kids destination by comScore.
- Created the first branded Mattel Experience Store (LAX Terminal 5), Mattel’s Toy Fair trade show presence, and Mattel-branded parade floats and interactive events for hospitals and schools.
- Provided leadership, vision, mentorship, and direction to a team of 25.
PRODUCTION DIRECTOR – Nickelodeon Kids & Family Digital 2004 - 2009
Creative strategist in charge of creative business strategies for the virtual world, Nicktropolis, TurboNick, and Nick.com. Mentored and led a staff of 17 creative and product designers. Directed high-level strategic planning that resulted in accomplishments, including:
- Creating and producing Nicktropolis - a massive multiplayer with 7.5M+ users.
- Developing the multi-platform video destination, TurboNick - a platform that offered continuous video streaming that generated 250M content streams with an average of 5M unique monthly visitors.
- Serving as Web Producer for the Kids Choice Award for 2006-2008.
Awards & Distinctions
- Webaward - Web Marketing Association Best Entertainment Website - PollyPocket.com, 2012
- IAC Award - Outstanding Website - Monster High - monsterhigh.com, 2011
- Communication Arts Advertising Annual New Corporate Photography 2010
- Webby Award - Mattel Games Portal mattel.com/games, 2010
- IMA Award - Barbie's 50th website - Best in Class, 2010
- OMMA Award for Best Social Campaign - Barbie's 50th Anniversary, 2009
- IMA Best in Class, Celebrity/Fan: Barbie's 50th Anniversary Website, 2009
- WMAA for Outstanding Web Development & Social Media Standard of Excellence; Barbie's 50th, 2009
- Webby Award - Social Networking - Nicktropolis.com, 2008
- Webby Award - People's Voice Best Youth Site - Nick.com, 2008
- Parents' Choice Award - Nicktropolis.com 2008
- Parents' Choice Award - Nick.com, 2008
- Webby Award - People's Voice Best Youth Site - Nick.com 2004
- Forbes Best of the Web - ThrillNetwork.com, 2007