Smoky Crunchy Chickpeas
Who knew something so simple could be so flavorful? Try these smokey, spicy chickpeas for an unforgettable crunchy snack! Whether you add your spices before or after roasting, you're sure to get a unique and delectable taste that is sure to have everyone wanting more. Don't forget to double the recipe if there are more than two people around - these scrumptious snacks go fast! Enjoy! No matter what kind of spice blend you choose, these crunchy roasted chickpeas will hit the spot every time. For a smokier flavor try adding the spices before cooking. Alternatively, tossing them in after gives you a brighter taste with just as much punch.
- Small bowl Baking sheet
- 1 15oz Can Chickpeas Garbanzos
- 2 Tbls Olive oil Extra virgin
- 2 Tsp Spanish Bittersweet Pimenton
- 1 Tsp Dried French Thyme
- 1 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Clove Peeled garlic cloves, cut in quarters vertically
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Drain the chickpeas of the liquid in the can and rinse them well. Let them drain again and lay them on paper towels to dry, changing the towel at least once. Roll them around the paper towel so that all parts of them get blotted.1 15oz Can Chickpeas
- Toss chickpeas (and optional garlic) with olive oil in a small bowl. If you wish add the spice blend to the bowl and toss chickpeas so they’re coated. Lay the spiced chickpeas in one layer on baking sheet.2 Tbls Olive oil, 1 Tsp Dried French Thyme, 1 Clove Peeled garlic cloves, cut in quarters vertically, 2 Tsp Spanish Bittersweet Pimenton
- Bake in oven until golden brown and crunchy. They will crisp further once they cool. Be careful not to let the chickpeas or spices burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool so that once served in a bowl the steam doesn’t cause them to soften up. If you haven’t already added the spice blend do so now and stir with a spoon to coat the chickpeas.1 Tsp Kosher salt, 2 Tsp Spanish Bittersweet Pimenton
- Serve while barely room or at room temperature.
Discover a new favorite healthy snack with roasted chickpeas. Packed with fiber and protein, they satisfy hunger and keep you feeling full longer. When roasted, chickpeas develop a delicious nutty taste that pairs perfectly with any seasoning or sauce. Start with these four flavor options to get your creative juices flowing:
- Smoky paprika and cumin for a subtle, smoky heat.
- Cinnamon and sugar for a sweet and warm treat.
- Turmeric and ginger offer a warm, spicy kick.
- Lime and black pepper provide a refreshing citrus and mild heat combo.
0 comments on “Smoky Crunchy Chickpeas”
You must log in to post a comment.