Lead the team that created the virtual world
Hot Wheels Racing Circuit allowed players to design their own car with multiple paint schemes, body styles, and accessories. With these custom cars, players challenge friends to races and tournaments on out-of-this-world race tracks. Compatible on both PCs and Macs, the first two tracks are free to all users, while access to premium tracks along with exclusive rims, colors and other accessories are available with a $29.95 annual subscription.
Hot Wheels Racing Circuit was a 3D-rendered video game that featured multiple play levels with rich imagery that resonates with boys. Players could join multiplayer games hosted by friends or other members, host their own race or play in single-player mode. With an upgrade to premium membership, users had access to even more options to enhance their vehicles and participate in thrilling race tracks that will test players’ racing prowess like never before.
Hot Wheels Racing Circuit featured many elements, including:
- Racers can choose from a multitude of different cars – from off-road vehicles with giant tires, to hot rod trucks with V10 engines, to fast-paced two-seater convertibles – that are as powerful as they are slick.
- Weaponry choices will derail the competition with options such as missiles, fireballs and electromagnetic energy (of course, each weapon only harms the vehicle, not the virtual driver).
- Players can outfit their vehicles with cool accessories such as power boosters to enhance speed, fusion batteries for extra power, and rims to give cars that extra flair.
- In addition, a ton of bold paint colors will help players create a personalized ride designed to awe other racers in the Custom Showroom. Once the car is in the Showroom, other players engage with the community by rating member’s cars
- Send friends one-to-one Challenges by selecting from a number of competitive modes including time, score or race position
Video of the game in action
Sizzle reel showing the MMOG
Hot Wheels Racing Circuit allowed players to design their own car with multiple paint schemes, body styles, and accessories. With these custom cars, players challenge friends to races and tournaments on out-of-this-world race tracks.
Creative Direction and Production responsibilities included:
Created Brand Guide
Website UI & UX
New Feature Sets
Scheduling and Publish
Produced original content
Day to day operations